Friday, July 1, 2016

Hey Y'all,

Happy sunny June day from humid NC! This has been a great week! I finished reading through the book of Mormon, went on my last exchanges, attended my last mission president fireside, tracted..... a lot, and bore my testimony at our Zone Conference! But where to begin! I also found out that we are going to the temple on the 9th!!!!!

So Tuesday..... My last Zone Conference! It was hard to believe and was hard to walk up top the front to give my testimony cause it truly made it real, my time is getting short! President James has started some great new things in the mission! We know how our NCRM scripture mastery, list full of Roll [play ideas to do for thirty minutes in Companion Study, new mission standard of excellence, and who we are (cards we will get and recite on a daily bases, taught the principles again and again on spiritually create (AKA Role playing). It was a great conference and a lot of great instruction focusing on truly raising the bar and pushing ourselves to better success and obedience and hard work! We have so much potential in the NCRM!

After the Conference I went to Wilmington with Sister Salakielu and we had so much fun! We went tracting and found some really cute! mats! I will send a picture! She is a great missionary and is so easy to talk with people! I can see where Sister Higbee gets it from. (She was Her trainer!). We are going home 6 weeks from each other and we both gave our testimonies. She goes home in August! Her normal companion is Sister Buhler and they were MTC companions and are great Sister training leaders!

We saw Wendy again this week and while I was in Wilmington Sister Higbee committed her to a baptismal date! She is exciting but really wants us there! Lets hope so! Wendy is doing so good and is progressing so quickly the ward is so loving towards her and Malachi and they are trying to find ways to help Malachi during church to be able to get through the whole day till he gets used to it! Wendy is opening up to us which is both good  and I love it to know that she trusts us but I feel bad that I can't really counsel her! I am grateful for Bishop Fish! He is one inspired man!

Sunday we had a Mission President Fireside and it was my last one! We went with Vikki and it was great! It was great to hear everyone s story and hear Vikki's testimony for the first time about what she loves most about the church! I asked President for another blessing and it was amazing to hear all that he said and was surprised when one thing I didn't know would stand out to me did! I will be blessed with the ability to apply what I have learned and help out those who I tell my stories and experiences too! I think that is a pretty great promise! I love the James' and so excited to go to the temple with them on the 9th! He even gave us permission to go early before our session and do baptisms with Vikki! What an amazing Mission President! I am so lucky and lucky to be the Lords Servant in the NCRM!!!!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!




--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment