Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Hey Y'all,

I hope you all had a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had lots of fun this week and had a great Thanksgiving with the Ward members at the church. The members came together for those who didn't have family close or who lived alone. It was great and great food and with Sister Wilson's allergies  some members made some stuff for her. So sweet! We then got a ride to the mall and since we couldn't go out to tract we went to the Mall to contact people. It was my real first Black Friday experience and now I know why I don't! It was crazy. In Macy's it looked like a Tornado came through it. It was crazy! I did get some Winter boots though from Payless now I won't be wet this year. We talked to a lot of people but no one was really interested to talk. We gave out a lot of the new Christmas cards.

This week we focused on trying to find new investigators and went tracting. I am not a big fan of them but Sister Wilson is really good at them. We have lots of funny stories to tell now though. Like one guy yelled at us that he couldn't come down from his window upstairs, someone didn't want to talk to us about the Catholic religions because he only shares it with his family, and a lady asked us if we had our permits for the area to be able to do this. We talked to probably 20 people and we only got 1 person to accept a Book of Mormon and a return appointment. I could really see the Lords hand in the work that when we got discouraged we were ready to just go back home and just decided to do a couple more and found someone. It was a great Tender Mercy!

On Tuesday we had exchanges where I stayed here in Cary and boy that was scary but the exchange went really well. Our Mission President has changed the rule where we only have one sister leader and so we have to go on to exchange during the transfer. The Sister training leaders are like a district leader now. Kind of weird but I like it. We saw a lot of our Less active and our Recent Convert. Our recent Convert is amazing and I love going to see her she has toys like none other. She has tinker toys, pigs that race (fur animals I think is what its called, link-in' logs, and lots of old movies. I am impressed with myself when she would show us all her movies and I know most of them. We are working toward her going to the temple to do baptisms and getting her Patriarchal Blessing.

On Wednesday we had our monthly Zone Training! It was amazing and probably my favorite now. It was all based on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We were all combined together and our Zone leaders had us do a group discussion teaching someone about the Atonement by reading a scripture and then giving a question. Then we all got put into small groups and did a ration with different instruction from the district leaders and Sister Leaders. At first I didn't like it since the ones teaching didn't get to do it and that it would be hard. But it was great being able to have a longer time to role play and actually have a discussion. I think they will do it again and I hope so.

It's crazy to think that tomorrow is December first and then it will be Christmas before we know it! I can't wait for the season and to be able to experience it as a missionary and focus on the birth of the Savior. I also then realize that when Christmas is here my year mark will soon be here too. It is crazy to think that I will have been a missionary for a year. I am scared and not sure I will want to come home when the time comes and I hope that the last bit of my time I will continue to enjoy every minute of it and learn and grow so much! I am so grateful for the knowledge of this gospel and so grateful for all of you who have been so great in supporting me while I have been serving! I have come to see just how true this Gospel is and how it changes others but also changes me. I never thought I could say that I love the hard days as a missionary since they are my best days that I learn from the most and what I have grown up learning being put to the test! I love this chance to be here and I am so excited to be able to focus on the Savior and the reason fro the season. I can't wait to for our stake here in Cary to do the Nativity. It is just like the North Stake does with all the music and Nativity scenes. Love you all and I hope that you all will be able to remember the wonderful time of year and that you get to spend it with the ones you love! Love you!

--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment