Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Fruits of Our Labors......and an experience of a new Church

Hey Y'all,

Well as you can see from my title this week it was amazing but also very interesting! We are finally starting to see some progress in our investigators and I just continue to be surprised and amazed and so grateful for all the thing I get to witness and be a part of. I just heard today that the little girl I started teaching in Hillsborough was baptized on the 17th and as I witnessed in the picture she was so happy and looked beautiful in white! I wish I could have been their but I know that I was there in spirit!

This week we had exchanges with the Sisters and I went to Sanford. It was a big change from Pembroke but it was great too. We didn't get to do much but I loved getting to know Sister Barney! She is a great missionary and is going home next transfer and so I made sure to prick her brain of anything from advice to questions to all kind of things that I can try to make sure I am using my time I have left to truly be converted and dedicated to the Lord.

One thing I love about this area is that we visit the Elders Investigators just as they will ares and we got to visit one of theirs. she is sweet lady has some Word of Wisdom she is working on but she is an amazing women has so much love and so much potential. she wants to learn and is so amazed at the church's organization and all that the gospel has to offer.

Friday we had a lesson with one of our investigators who are really dedicated and cannot wait to be baptized. We were teaching her (Mary) about Eternal Marriage and she wasn't really paying attention but we let her talk and she bore her testimony. She said how much she loves the church and is so excited to come to church on Sunday. She has even said that she has stopped cold turkey with smoking and feels so good.

Sunday was again my favorite day of the week like it always is! It just must be something about it being the Sabbath! :) We had two of our investigators come. We were asked to teach the Gospel Principles class on Eternal Marriage! Ironic right.... not so much actually. Our investigator Mary came and brought her daughter. It was an experience of a lifetime. I really enjoyed being there with her. She came late and so we didn't see her coming in so Sister Olive sat with our other investigator and I went and sat with her.She was just amazing. While the Sacrament she kept leaning over her daughter to tell me that she could feel it, she could feel Christ helping her and feel of his love for her. When we were done and the young men were going to sit with there families she looked at me and was like wait what's happening. I just told her nothing there just going to it with there families. She asked me. If I was going to sit with mine. At first I was kind of confused but I couldn't remember if e ever explained it to her before. She was amazed by what we do and I even told her of the Elders who were sitting behind us. She kept looking at them and I knew the Elders were probably thinking "Sister Farr what do you tel them?" We had great talks to. One sister talked about the Temple and Mary would look at me with so much desire and happiness and excitement! " I want to go to the temple." The other speaker was from the High Council and he was talking about his conversion story and Mary would look at me and say " He talking to me, this message is for me." I sometimes couldn't help but giggle but I am so glad that she felt the spirit and knew that this is where she belong and that she was humble enough to be able top notice that God is trying to tell her something. Our Gospel Principles class went well and Mary and our other investigator I think enjoyed it too. It was o great to see that they are stating to really learn and grow and understand. I am so excited for them. Mary started asking questions and talking about what other members said and it ended with her bearing her testimony to the whole class and lots of them telling her that she is here because God knew she was ready. It was great to hear that and it rang true to me. We found her and started teaching her because she was ready! Relief Society was great too ad they both enjoyed it. They like that they could share there comments freely and enjoyed being with all the women. They are both planning to come to the Trunk or Treat and Mary's daughter wants to come so bad that she is willing to walk over.

After church we had lunch with members and then went to a funeral for Sister in the ward's husband. It was in a Methodist church and I have to say it was an experience! I experienced some screaming and I didn't like the way the reverend shared his message. I couldn't understand him very well and what I did hear confused me. I loved being able to be there with the family to support them. There was a lot of people but we had an entire row of Mormons and I am glad that we were able to be with them. A lot of the members came. It showed me love even though her husband wasn't a member.

This week has taught me a lot about how things happen for the right reasons ans they can happen with our without us. I was not expecting Mary to enjoy her time so much or bring her daughter. I wasn't expecting to see that our other investigator enjoyed it to much and for both of them to be progressing so quick. we have been very busy with all of the people we are teaching but I continue to be reminded that with everything we have to do and everything that we have to prepare for and sometimes we can't make something happen a certain way or help someone know we are just the messenger and we can be that guide but eventually we have to stand back and let God do his work on them. I have been so amazed an she excited to see all these people I have come to love so much changed so easily and so willingly to follow the teaching and work toward the gospel and baptism. They are all trying to be better and it is hard but they all say I know its hard but I know Christ and you will help me and I can do this! I am so grateful to be able to be here to meet theses people and be along there path with them. I knew one of my talents from God is loving people but I see me fully why. Because when I love them and I am close to the spirit I can see to an extent how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them. They are teaching me love to hoe to love God we can't just say we believe and love him we have to proof we do by action and deed. To me this is what I am grateful for learning this week. I hope that I can remember this so when ever I may doubt I can remember! I hope you all can too and I love you and hope your week goes well and you can see many miracles!

Sister Farr

--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment