Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Miracle Media :)

Hey Y'all,

Today is my trainer/companions birthday! Happy Birthday Sister Behrmann! This week was awesome! We did lots and had a great week with not as much teaching but lots of great service opportunities!

On Monday, we got to our investigator and found her so stressed out about everything she had to do and so we just stopped and cleaned her house while she did homework. We may not have gotten a chance to teach a great lesson like we planned but we got to show our love and allow the spirit to be in her home more strongly. I made sure to tell her that. We left having her smiling and her husband who normally gives us a cold turkey was out talking with us trying to give us money for meals but instead was invited over for dinner. he quickly started planning the menu. I think his heart is starting to be softened towards us and we found out  that he has been studying with her on occasion.  It was great!

On Tuesday I had a great experience using Facebook. I have been getting friend requests from people i don't know i have been really hesitant to accept them but I was kind of asked from our sister who is a missionary working with Facebook and told me countless times "that i may never know what will happen even if i don't know them." I finally decided to accept some. I got through 5 names and one of them messaged me thanking me for accepting them and we started to talk. I found out that he has been reading the Book of Mormon and wants to know more he has occasionally gone to Church but no one has told him anything. He lives in California and so i sent him a link to request missionaries in his area. I was kind of bummed that i cant' be the one to teach him but i looked at his friends and found that he is friends with a lot of missionaries. I knew that i personally was the one who could help him. I haven't really felt that Facebook is the best tool. But now i can see the impact Facebook can be. Like Elder Bednar has said "that we can use media to share the gospel." We are on it a lot and why not put something on there about our believes. I now know that it works and that Elder Bednar would agree with me. Try it out for yourself. share something about what you studied that day or anything that you want. People may see it and just keep scrolling, some may like it, others may comment but people will see it and the spirit will be their to help them.

On Thursday we had a great day and boy we were busy. It makes such a difference when you have the car. We had an apartment inspection and only the fact that we need to change our air filter and dust the bathroom more we were good. We even had the car checked and boy vacuuming that was terrible, but it was checked off as BEST so we were happy. We started weekly planning and then went over to a sister who had just gotten home from the hospital after having her baby. We cleaned and vacuumed. He was a beautiful baby and it was so hard not being able to hold him, but whats 18 months to the rest of my life. He definitely was adorable. We came hoe and had lunch and planned for another service project and found out half way through lunch that they had to cancel and so we just worked on weekly planning. We got maybe 10 minutes in when another sister in the ward asked if we could help pull weeds and get her garden ready before the rain came. We come over and now we are like weeding pros. Haha!

Yesterday and Saturday night was Stake Conference. Yesterday, We had it broadcast in our building and it was great Elder Parker our area seventy is amazing and so funny. He is great! One thing he did was talk about the missionaries from the Apex stake and there is about 68. He talked about the ones serving in the Apex stake and their is 96. They were to read all of them but instead he had us all stand where we were. He said that we are good at working together with the Ward but we both need to do better. He told us that while we are here in North Carolina we have a home here and that the places we serve are and should be considered and family and Mom, and Dads. It was amazing of course i started crying. I had lots of the ward member look at me and smile and some even mouthed the words "Thank You!" It was a great session. I love this Ward and I love North Carolina. I may not be to keen on the quick summer weather but i love the people and that is what truly counts!

I hope you all have a great week and i can't wait till Sunday! Happy Mothers day to all of the mothers and especially to mine who helped me become the person i am to serve here, but now i credit the Lord! Also Happy birthday to Mason, Luke and Liam. I can't believe you are all going to be 1! Love you all!

My favorite Scripture of the Week! John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Sister Tayler Farr

--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment