Monday, May 2, 2016

"Where the Heck is Shallotte,NC?"

Hey Y'all,

So yes again I am transferred but that's okay! I am by the beach! It's great but the weather here is bad! When it rains it gets really humid and the bugs come out like crazy!!!!

I already love it here! We have a great district and have two senior couple missionaries that are in our district! We are the only sisters but that's nothing new! My new companion is Sister Higbee! She is also from Colorado and is actually from Colorado Springs! We are pretty sure we have seen each other before but never met! Small World! She went to Liberty High School!

Tuesday while Sister Ibarra and I were driving to transfers we got a call from the Zone Leaders and they said I was going to Shallotte! I kind of thought I would because Sister Ibarra just left from there and I was really the only one who didn't know where I was going. The drive to Shallotte was a good 3 hours. It was long but we got to know each other pretty good to pass the time. Wednesday we mostly just tried to go to every part of the area to learn it as fast I could. This is my third time white washing or what president calls it Shot gun!

Thursday we met our investigator and she is amazing! She is so elect and you really find here each time you tract! Vicky was taught by the past sisters. We taught her about scripture study, and keeping the Sabbath day holy. She just soaks up everything and just loves everything and has great questions. You can really see that she wants it!

Saturday we had lunch with Vicky and got to teach her about temples, and family history, she asked about tithing and fast offerings, and so we taught all of it. She again just soaked it up. it was her birthday and so it was great to spend that time with her! We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant and it was amazing. I can't believe I'm saying this but I am really starting to love it! I was glad it was a buffet! We went tracting and had a lesson on the restoration with someone who just let us in, but didn't want us to come back. We finished tracting the street and one of the ladies wasn't open but I just got her talking about her family. We told her we were new and if she had any recommendation for somewhere fun to spend our Mondays. It ended with her telling us if we ever needed a ride to come get her. We didn't ask for her number but said goodbye. We tracted one more house and walked to the car but before we could leave she came out of her house and gave us her number. It was amazing! Never have I ever experienced that! It was nice to see that just being personable she opened up to us!

Sunday we got to teach Relief Society and met a lot of the members. Since we are so close to the beach a lot of the members are older and retired! They are so sweet and really love working with us. We knew a lot about Vicky from the members before we even met her! We had great testimonies shared! We even had a Recent Convert share his testimony from back in December. He only speaks Spanish and so someone who spoke Spanish translated for us. It was amazing! I wish I could speak Spanish better! (Jonathon send me some phrases to start a conversation with him!). We are supposed to be teaching him the new member lessons but we have to get a translator to help us! Lame! Again we decided to use our evening hours to tract and see Less actives and the members but we had a hard time finding addresses. It had been raining all day and it was kind of miserable but we did find someone who just loved talking with us! We got a new investigator who literally said that she knows that we have the fullness of the gospel and she was so grateful that we could come back! We were getting eaten by all the bugs! She didn't want us to leave but felt bad that we were getting eaten! Tender Mercies when you realize God directs you to people who are prepared! She loved the scripture we shared (Helaman 5:12) and is excited to learn more!

We had a great first week here in Shallotte and with it being such a big area and we are the only ones serving we have a lot of work for us to do! The ward is great and the Bishop is probably the best I have ever worked with! He wants us to come to him with every problem about us the ward, and even our personal selves, and even testimonies! He is so spirit lead and is definitely someone I will be staying in touch with and someone who I look up too! I love Shallotte! I love this work and I love my Savior! I hope you all have a great week and can see the wonderful blessings the Lord has to give you each and every day! Love you all!

Sister Farr

--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment