Friday, May 20, 2016

Another great week and another great week!

Hey Y'all,

Another week gone and by I feel like this week went by fast! Nothing like talking to family though to top off a good week! We got a lot done this week and truly after doing Shot Gunning for the third time I am starting to see the third week of the transfer starts to get it going! We have great week ahead of us! Lots planned, great appointments set and Zone Conference with Elder Zwick coming from the missionary board and a baptism! So excited for this week!

Our Spanish Recent Convert made me this Scripture
Case himself! Shows his love for His Savior!
Last week had our first Spanish lesson with our recent convert! Oh did I ever mention that he only speaks Spanish! We have a translator but they brought another friend who is not a member and so honestly it was probably the worst lesson I have ever taught! WE didn't have Spanish pamphlets, barely able to find a Spanish Book of Mormon and luckily the video worked watching The Restoration went well! I was honestly to nervous to be teaching well enough to have the spirit but while watching the movie in Spanish of course and feeling the spirit I was then able to be more comfortable and I even could understand what some of the things they were saying! At the end when we were talking about the Book of Mormon I was able to understand a little of the Spanish they were saying! Talking about Gift of Tongues! It was a great ending and we didn't completely scare away the friend!

Tuesday we had a lesson with our Investigator Jeff and our Ward Mission Leader! It was amazing and I just love going out with our WML! He is amazing! We talked about the Atonement and the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We used a visual. He loved it and even our WML invited him to baptism and church! He gives such great answers he just needs to get baptized but first come to church!

Wednesday we had a great Zone Training and I gave my first thought at any Zone Training on my mission thus far and so that made me nervous! You would have laughed seeing me shake so bad! Of course I was fine and a lot of people in there instruction quoted what I had said and I knew what I had prepared was by the spirit! It was a great training and I am so excited for this week to get to see President James and excited to see someone visit the mission! Which means a very emotional, mentally, and spiritually exhausting meeting but none the less amazing!

I have turned into one crazy tracting machine! Now the idea of doing it doesn't scare me (credit goes to President James). We got to go back to contact some people we tracted into and one so far has become a new investigator. He didn't except the Book of Mormon yet but we are seeing him tonight to teach him about the Restoration! We also saw a Less active that Sisters used to see quite regularly about a year ago but she hadn't been contacted or seen for a while! She loves missionaries and is sick but she has a strong testimony nevertheless! It is quite a testimony builder when members who aren't allows able to make it to church still show the love they have for the church and the Gospel!

The Best Mission mama ever-Mama Ang!
Friday was a great day of tender mercies! We got to have lunch with a sister in the ward at Golden Corral and I found one of the best Banana Pudding I have had here! (anyone have a good one they would like to share with me?). We then worked on Vikki's baptism program and it took a little to long because we spent 2 hours just on the typing of it. I could tell I hadn't been in school for a while. haha. Sister Higbee had a girl she taught in Pembroke and we got permission to go. WE got a great member to take us! It was great to see the members and Mama Ang again and it was weird. Some of them thought that I was visiting from so that was difficult. But I love Pembroke and I miss the accent!!!!! I love my Lumbee's!

Vikki and I!
Saturday we had a lesson with Vikki going over the Baptism interview questions before we have her interview tomorrow! We wanted her to feel less nervous so we thought just going over the questions and playing the Plan of Salvation Board Game Sister Higbee made would do just that! Sure enough it did and it was a lot of fun with her! She definitely is ready for baptism and has learned so much so quickly! She just amazes me everyday! We then went to see some Less actives in Shallotte. We found lots of potentials, lots of them had moved so it was wonderful to get to meet the new owners who let us come back! We also experienced the first yard sale in an apartment complex and that was weird, but honestly you can find anything in NC! Didn't find much of a bargain but did find a possible new investigator who Virginia missionaries will be getting soon probably. She is moving soon but we see her again tomorrow night!

Sunday was great! Sister Higbee was asked to play in Sacrament! She is a very talented women! I got to sing in the choir and it was fun to sing with such a small choir with a small congregation. Not many nerves but amazing spirit. We sang the Spirit of God! It was a great performance and we had great speakers. The WML always does a good job teaching gospel Principles and Relief Society.  That night we had dinner with a family who we hadn't really met. As we talked I come to find out that they are related to someone! Sister Kim Asay!!! Small world! Kim had told me to look for them or that her family lives here but it took me a while to realize that her maiden name is Skipper and I couldn't connect it! Literally I thought that her cousin looked familiar but really I was looking at Sister Asay!!!! This is like the 5th time I have met someone on my mission that I or someone I know knows someone else! The Mormon world is quite small!

Building our Mesa Temple!
Playing in the Sand!
Today we got to have a district activity and we went to the beach, visited a gift shop and ate some seafood for lunch! It was lots of fun and we even got one of the senior couples to come which we got out of having to drive our car! We went to probably the biggest gift shop I have ever been to and got some great bargains! It was so fun to get to be by the beach too! We had a sand Temple building contest! It was fun! Sister Higbee and I built the Mesa Arizona temple thinking it was the easiest to make! We played with a Frisbee and just had a great time walking in the sand! It was hard not swimming and getting completely wet but enough to feel the great ocean water!

Sister Hyde and I at the Beach
chillin' in the sun!
The Southport District Clan!
Another great week and another great week! So excited for this coming week! I feel like each week I get more and more excited to see what will happen! This week with Vikki's baptism it makes it all better and more exciting! I will send Pictures! Love you all and God Bless! :)

Sister Farr

--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment