Monday, November 9, 2015

Welcome to Cary and a new Stake!

Hey Y'all,

So as you all know I have been transferred and my new area is Cary, Cary 1st ward! I love it so far! My new companion is Sister Wilson who just left Garner and before served in Pembroke! So I guess we both have some experienced from each place to add to the work! We also are white washing which means we are both new to Cary and we have no idea where anything is, who anyone is, and starting from pretty much zero. President James has been doing this a lot and I never thought I would be part of it! He must really trust us!

Well, Sister Wilson is from Nephi, Utah is 19 and has been out for 6 months! She is amazing and loves Frozen just as much as I do. She accepts my weird and craziness and I know we are meant to be together! I absolutely love her! I found out that she is going through some really hard things that she found out from home and that it has been really hard for her! She is still pushing strong. President James even told me that he put us together knowing that I would be good for her just I was for Sister Ibarra when she had Bell's Palsy ( who is Spanish speaking now and in my district). I know I was sent here and put with her because I need to help and be there for Sister Wilson! I know I have been sent here for her! I love her just like I have any other companion but I feel so much more love her knowing that I to help her because God knows I can and that I need to! Another part of us being companions means I am now the Senior Companion! I am the driver and...... really that is all it means! I was scared about that but really it is just a title! I do however have to worry about miles and I have to be more of an example but I again have found myself saying to myself "you worried to much about this!"

The first couple of days were full of really just not knowing what to do! We had some appointment made but most of them canceled. Thankfully we had lots of help from the members and we had a great welcome into the ward! I never thought that I would ever get put back into the Apex stake and now that I am I found out that they have created a new stake! The church is growing so much in this area it is amazing! We have lost some wards but gained some too! I found out that our meeting place is at the Stake center which shares the parking lot with the Temple! I am so excited to be able to see the Temple  now every week! Seeing it yesterday was fun!

With us both being new it is nice to know that when we make a mistake it is no biggie! haha! We have been trying to see a lot of people but mostly just the members who are just fabulous! We have had dinner with lots of great families. Especially last night when I found out that the sister is best friends with someone who Jonathon went to prom with. When she told me that I was like "yep....wait how did you know that!" The Mormon world is just so small!!! hahaha!

With everything that we have been trying to figure out and with all the crazy we still can say we saw miracles happen! Like on Saturday night we got a call from someone who accidentally called the wrong number but we answered the phone and she asked us to repeat our names and she couldn't understand and so we said what church we belonged to and then she just told us about all her life issues and how she just lost her kids and how messed up her life is. We bore our testimonies over the phone to her and told her that we would love to share the message of hope and about Christ at first she wasn't willing to give us her address to request missionaries but after some convincing we got her address. Unfortunately she isn't in our area but she is in North Carolina and we will be sending some missionaries over to see her for sure! Also we got a call from a old member who moved out of the ward but has a friend who met someone in Arizona and said that she thinks that she would benefit from a visit from us. I love these calls and it  was when we were just so stressed out about what we should do that we got the calls. God is truly there and is mindful of us and wants his work to happen even if he has to give us a little starting point! This is kind of scary and I don't know what I'm doing starting from the ground zero in this area but we can start somewhere with a humble prayer and then endure through with Faith! I can see that my Faith is going to be tried but I can see also a lot of growth in me and in my conversion and in me as a missionary. I am so glad that my Heavenly Father has put me with my companion and has shown us that he trusts us and even more that our mission President trusts us to be able to do it. When I think like I have no idea or just think its too much I can remember that God would never give me something I can't handle and He clearly knows and trusts I can do it! I have came across a scripture in the Book Of Mormon which has really helped us both in this new experience its in Alma 34:40-41!  I know that patience will be my best friend through this new journey! I hope you all have a great week! Love y'all lots! Thank you for all the support!

"40. And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;

41. But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions."
 
--
 
Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment