Tuesday, July 21, 2015

"What Lack I Yet?"

Hey Y'all,

What a great week! Sadly I just wrote a big letter to you all and it just deleted! So this one is going to smaller and I will try to include everything.

This week was amazing and so close to making my favorite week, but definitely my favorite week in Hillsborough! Today even we are going to have a sisters day.

On Monday we had a great lesson and dinner with our Recent Converts. They are mom and daughter and are great! They are so amazing and I am jealous I wasn't one of the missionaries to teach them from the beginning. I love them and they are great examples to me and they love the gospel. We will see them tonight and they are going to give me a hair cut.

On Wednesday we had Zone Training! It was great and I loved it. We had great lessons and great instruction given. Especially by our Zone Leaders. They talked about everything that I have been thinking about. They talked about how some of us may be thinking that we are at a stand still part in our missions where we don't see ourselves improving and being better. They asked us the question and asked to be working on trying to answer it the best "What Lack I yet?" I have been having terrible problems and complications with thinking that I am not improving and that my motivation and service is beginning to decrease. I am seeing the difference in my effort that I gave so strongly in Garner and feel like I am lacking here in Hillsborough! I knew that this was meeting and the instruction given by them was an answer to prayer and so glad that they talked about it. I love our Zone Leaders and so glad to hear them say that they are trying to show their love for us. At the end of the meeting they asked me to bare my testimony on Christ I read in 3 Nephi 11. I didn't know what to say but I knew that the spirit was there. I could feel the spirit testifying to me that everything that I was saying was true. It was an amazing day.

On Saturday, it was probably the busiest day of the week. We bake with a sister Tried to see and investigators and did service for another. We then drove over to the church. We had a ward barbecue. we planned for only about 30-50 people to be there. We ran out of meat twice and then a majority was nonmembers. We had one particular family come who has been watching the building being built and has been waiting for the ward to have an activity so that they could come. It was amazing and so great! She agreed to come for a church tour next Sunday and then stay after for church. She had her 3 teenager with her. She is a Casual Methodist. Her kids don't have a church they belong to. she said that she is looking for one. It was a wonderful time. I got to meet some more members and less-actives. we had at least 150 show up. My companion and I had a soda chugging contest and lets just say it was all over when someone said "Don't forget to burp after!" I lost it and started chocking and boy it hurt!!!!

Sunday was my favorite day of the week. We had youth and a return missionary who served in Colorado Springs talk. The youth talked about there experiences at girls camp and there scout camp  backpacking trip. Elder Smith gave a great talk and every experiences he talked about I recognized. It was great to hear of home! His last place to serve was in Woodland Park. :)

Sorry this is so short. I lost it and have lost time to rewrite it! However, this week was an answer to pray and I know that the Lord is mindful of me and even all of you! I am glad for all there time I have been given and the time I have left to serve and testify of Christ! Every day I feel my testimony grow and I feel the spirit! Its hard but so worth it. I love all the people I am meeting and there strong determination and testimonies they share. We have so much to look forward to this week. We are giving two church tours to families one who may start investigating and another who is a part member. Hope you all have a great week!

--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment