Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Lord Loves His Children and is Mindful of Them

Hey Y'all,

Well what a week! It has been a roller coaster! Everything has been emotional and just amazing! A lot of you know my family and my Home ward lost a great husband, dad, brother, son and friend. However, if I have learned anything this week it is that God is mindful of all of his Children and does His work through his other Children!

This week we didn't get as much done as we wanted to get done but we had wonderful lessons and amazing visits. We had a great dinner with a Family this week! We had a really hard time with deciding on what to share. I hate taking so long in planning every night. My companion has been very patient with me this week. I just am so crazy I just want to go, go, go! I just starting to throw out any scripture and she always asks after each one is that what you think they need! It is always in a calm nice tone and I sometimes what to scream! I then finally am able to really think and for this family after five minute of quiet we came to the same conclusion.....Family History! We found out that the family has already been doing it. The husband is the only member in his family and so he feels like he has so much to do! He shared his testimony of doing it. He feels like he is at a stand still point, but we said have you added stories to the website and he is like...No? We told him maybe telling stories of them can help get you excited again! We read him the scripture of the Spirit of Elijah and he started to get teary eyed. The sister wanted to start again and boy I knew the Spirit of Elijah was there pushing them! It was great! We spent the rest of the night talking about different stories from each of our families and of course I talked about Loren Farr and how he knew Joseph Smith and was basically a body guard to him and that I was named after an ancestor. It was so nice and it even got me more excited to do some more!

This week we finally got together with one of our investigators and we taught the Restoration again. She has survived  two aneurysms and it is hard for her to remember. She said that if we read and talk to her she will get it! I have never seen someone learn so quickly and so easily than she has. She was ready for each thing and she loved each part. She loved the Joseph Smith Vision and she remembers it the most. We are meeting her tomorrow to help her start reading the scriptures on the computer. She is so excited as long as she doesn't forget! She says "she knows who is in charge and if he wants me to I will" I just love the testimonies of the people here in North Carolina. It is just so amazing!

On Thursday night we had to cancel a lesson with a Less active sister who is in a wheelchair because of bugs she found. We instead did it over the phone. It was a great lesson even if it was over the phone! We talked about death and Resurrection. She asked us about if Christ, Heavenly Father, and the Spirit are three different beings then why are they said to be as one in the scriptures! Really at first I didn't know what to say! I don't think I have given much thought to it myself, but after a thought we turned to 3 Nephi 11:35-36 and it talks about the unity between each of them. I thought then it is that they are as one because they are a team that works together. God is the delegator and the master of the work. Christ is the minister and leader, and the Holy Ghost is the teacher. They all have a big part but are all on the same team in helping us come home and become our best selves. We then gave her more scriptures and came across Alma 40! We instead talked about it and read it together. Alma 40 talks a lot about the Plan of Salvation and I was surprised at how much I was sharing and helping her and even my companion understand! I really didn't know I knew this and that I understood it! We all asked questioned and we discussed it! I knew we felt the spirit in our apartment and she said she felt it even in her home. I don't know exactly what I knew that I shared but I know that I witnessed the Spirit testifying and teaching through me! I learned so much.

The next day after that lesson is when I found out about the family from home. I know it was not on accident that I learned and we talked about this the night before. I was able to then share a post that I had learned so much and how my testimony had been strengthened on the Plan of Salvation. The next day I saw a post from my mom saying it was exactly what she needed to hear! Again that was no accident!

The same kind of thing happened on Saturday night! We got to together with a less-active and her daughter and we were about to give a scripture when her non-member boyfriend asked us what we have learned and what have we experienced what we weren't expecting to experience on our missions. It was amazing to feel the spirit come into their home as we both shared our testimonies. I was ready to read the scripture that we took forever on deciding and it just didn't feel right and so I pulled out my Book of Mormon. I flipped and flipped and Mosiah 4:9 came to my head and so I opened to it and started to read! It talks about how God is mindful of us and we can't fully comprehend all that he does.  After I finished the Sister quickly said I love it! We both Shared our testimonies again. We invited her to read Alma 32 on faith! Then she took us home! We started to talk again and then she finally told us why she loved it! She told us about her ex husband who was abusive to her and her three children. They lived in California and their marriage was just getting worse. She said that they finally came to North Carolina once he allowed it! After they moved there he left! Her family is all here in North Carolina and she told us that she knew Heavenly Father soften his heart to move here so that she could be able to make ends meet and have her parents there when she needed it! She was grateful for the scripture again.

On Sunday we were asked to teach the Gospel Principles class again and of course the lesson was on Family History. It was great and at first not so good but once we talked about the temple and our ancestors and how we have to help them. Everyone wanted to share stories and their testimonies.

It has been a week of doubt, miracles, sadness and never ending happiness! I don't know how all of this was possible. This week I have been so worried about my family, the family who lost their family members and my ward. I know that God knows what is best and He will make it happen. He may use one of his other children to do it, but he will do it. He won't always wait until we are in need of it, He will do it when he wants us to receive it and when we are humble enough or when we may want it. God is so loving he wants his Children to be happy and will do all He can. He even will give us trials because he knows we can handle them and that can give us a chance in the future to help others. However, sometimes we have to work for it and he will lead us to it! I have been studying a lot about the plan of salvation this week and wasn't sure why until everything that happened this week. He knew that I needed to be reminded of the wonderful plan and that I could share what I do know and even learn more and then apply it by sharing with others. I have seen the Lord's hand so much this week and am so glad that I am able to see it so close and personal! This has been an emotional roller coaster and I feel like coming home to try to help but I am reminded by my parents that those I love will be blessed for the time that I am serving! Things at home are changing so much and it will be so different. Some people missing and some people changed also, but I will be different too! I have had a great boost to my testimony this week and am so grateful for the knowledge I continue to receive and I hope you all will do a little something for yours as well. God Bless! Love you all!

--

Sister Tayler Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment